SAMARITAN’S PURSE OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD
National Collection Week is November 18 -25!
It would be great to surpass the number of boxes Bethel Church donated last year, so the time to start is NOW! The clock is ticking!
This year, we are are asking folks to participate in two different ways:
- First, for those who can, please consider adopting a box and filling it from top to bottom. In honor of CHRIST and the season, each adopted box will be given a biblical name such as: Abraham, Isaiah, Elijah, John, Peter, etc. If there is a particular character or place you would like to dedicate your box or boxes to, please send us a note and we will try reserve it for you. First come first served!
- If you want to donate various materials, follow the gift suggestions and bring your items to the Church and we will “stuff” boxes at a time of fellowship ( read: party with refreshments!) sometime before November 25th.
Boxes will be provided, so if you plan to participate, please let us know of your intentions.
The holidays will be here before you know it…and the National Collection Day (November 18-25) even sooner. Making these boxes extra-special to a child requires thought, planning, and resources. To that end, consider:
- Praying for the project, and the children who will receive the gifts
- Seek GOD’s guidance on the level of your involvement
- Plan out what you will donate and when you will acquire the items
- Consider donating also to “The Greatest Journey” evangelistic effort to share the Good News about Jesus Christ
- Start putting away some money now. Set a goal – little things add up to great things over time.
- Consider having “Meatless Meals” every now and then, saving the money you would have spent on meat.
- Consider occasionally passing up on eating out, putting the money towards a child’s gift
Thanks in advance for the sharing of your time and resources. Just think…through your generosity, compassion, and following of the Great Commission, you may be introducing a child to CHRIST for the very first time.
TO GET YOU THINKING, HERE ARE SOME GIFT IDEAS BY AGE:
For 2 -4 Year Olds
blocks, crayons & coloring books, stuffed animals, toy cars, trains, picture books, sunglasses, brightly colored clothing items, wash cloths, toothbrush, bar soap (Be sure to check tags for age-compatibility).
For 5-9 Year Olds
crayons & coloring books, writing and drawing materials, silly putty, stuffed animals, toy cars, trains, dolls and doll accessories, soccer ball with pump, Legos or blocks, binoculars, kaleidoscopes, clothing, sunglasses, flip-flops, wash cloths, toothbrush, bar soap (Be sure to check tags for age-compatibility).
For 10-14 Year Olds
crayons & coloring books, writing and drawing materials, silly putty, stuffed animals, toy cars, trains, dolls and doll accessories, soccer ball with pump, Legos or blocks, binoculars, kaleidoscopes, clothing, sunglasses, flip-flops, scissors, small chalkboard and chalk, backpack, wind-up flashlights, solar powered calculators, musical instruments, wash cloths, toothbrush, bar soap (Be sure to check tags for age-compatibility).
More suggestions can be found at the Samaritan’s Purse website:
IMPORTANT NOTE! – Do Not Include
Candy; toothpaste; gum; used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives, or military figures; chocolate or food; seeds; fruit rolls or other fruit snacks; drink mixes (powdered or liquid); liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.